Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Suspicion

Twice in the last week have been involved with a Chefetz Chashud. For those of you who don’t know what it is - it’s when a suspicious object is found in public and everything gets cordoned off to investigate what it is. In the event that it is indeed something suspicious, the object will be dealt with accordingly.

More often than not it’s just someone’s laundry or shopping but you never know and before you found out what it is, everyone gets a bit spooked.

If I was a tourist to Israel, I would get freaked out about this but it becomes part and parcel of living here.

With my new job I have to take four local buses a day and frankly haven’t given it a second thought.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I was in the tachana merkazit there was a chefetz chashud, in the process of the evacutation I went into Tower Records, purchased a couple of DVD's and made my way out to the street.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I WERE a tourist.., not If I was a tourist...

5:06 PM  
Blogger Wisey said...

Obviously a good marketing ploy by Tower Records...

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when I realized I had been living in Israel for a few months and actually called a friend from my front yard and said in a whiny voice, "Ok, so I will be late for drinks, there is a chefetz chasud in my dirah..." as if it were someone plotting against me. Then I realized what I was actually saying and kind of laughed, as in America if the same thing happened we would of been hiding under our desks!

3:39 AM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

IYWI - What did you buy?

Anon - Thanks for the grammar lesson.

Wisey - Right on!

Rachel - Under our desks until Jack and Curtis would come to save the day!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>