Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Time Lines

When you get married the lack of freedom and unrestricted movement comes as a bit of a shock to the system.

Having a newborn baby is that to the power of N.

Spare time is now a oxymoron and if you aren't doing something for the baby you are doing something for the wife and trying to give her some respite.

Not that this is bothering me or getting me down. On the contrary its very exciting and I'm taking every second of it in.

Because in the blink of an eye, is going to come the day where she won't sit on my lap anymore or go to sleep in my arms.

Have to savour these moments accordingly :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Soccer Dad said...

Because in the blink of an eye, is going to come the day where she won't sit on my lap anymore or go to sleep in my arms.

So true!

1:00 PM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

Is the new pic a sign of your hair turning white as a result of your new father status?

1:31 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

SD - Thanks :)

Tafka PP - No and my skin isn't turning blue either. Just wanted a character from the world of popular culture who fit my new status of being a father. Thought there would be no more fitting candidate then Papa Smurf.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't be long before she's walking, talking and playing with smudge.

1:52 PM  
Blogger as said...

just wanted to say Mazal Tov and welcome to fatherhood! i know i'm a bit late but somebody has to do the snorkelling round here...

4:06 PM  
Blogger kasamba said...

You are the BEST Daddy!!!!

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very astute comment. I've always felt that the biggest adjustment to motherhood was the realization that time isn't your own anymore. But I think it makes mothers more efficient with the way they spend their time (especially working mums!)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>