Monday, September 18, 2006

My Girl

One of the things I have been asked a number of times since YM came onto the scene has been “Are you ready to be a Dad; were you ready to be a parent?”

The answer is yes. After nine months and then some of waiting, how can you be anything but ready? Thinking about it every day if not every hour of every day and contemplating what it all means. So I was more than ready.

What is strange though, is to be holding a baby I don’t have to hand back. All this time I was used to holding a baby and then returning it back to the parents or someone else. But now there is no one to give her back to.

She is mine and when she starts to cry instead of passing her off to someone, I rock her in my arms, look into those big eyes of hers and tell her that everything will be ok.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara with NO H said...

Aww that was just beautiful. I kind of like being able to hand the baby back though lol. I think it's different once that baby is yours. This was one of the nicest things I've read in a long time. Thanks.

6:24 PM  
Blogger mother in israel said...

My husband said the same thing after our baby was born. But soon he learned the oldest line in the world: "Honey, I think he needs to nurse."

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>