Thursday, July 20, 2006

Operation Get Licence: The Test

Ok so I'm back from the test.

If this was an election telecast and I was the expert, I would say too close to call. It went ok - I didn’t crash or anything like that but I wasn’t as precision-like as I could have been. For instance, there was a bag on the road and I didn't veer to get around it, so ended up carrying it underneath us for a mile or two. It's up to the tester - if he wants to fail me he can, if he wants to pass me, he will.

Hope it's the latter as can't afford doing this again. This costs are out of control. (See below)

The system in this country is that you don’t find out until the end of the day so now I am left to stew in my own worry juices till then. The reason why they do it this way is due to some guy stabbing his tester afterwards because he thought he failed. Only in Israel!

So we will see.

Did the test with this lady who was via Miami from way of Venezuela. I went first and drove for six minutes with the instructor next to me and her in the back seat. First time round I drove through the heart of Talpiot; this time it was in the backstreets so that was a bit easier. We then swapped places and she drove us back.

I really have no idea what the result will be. I’m bracing myself for the worst.

Costs:
2 x 40 minute lesson: 200
1 x eyetest : 15
Test: 457
Cab after test: 33
Total: NIS 705

5 Comments:

Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Good Luck! Here's to hoping you pased...

2:58 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Thanks Jameel :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger kishmech said...

The wait is so unfair!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Kishmech - Especially with them already knowing the result. Very hard to concentrate on anything at the moment.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Shoshana said...

Ditto what Jameel said.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>