Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Operaton Get Licence: Second Lesson

Things are really moving quickly now. Had my second lesson last night and after that Dudu told me how my test was going to be this Thursday at 11am.

"I thought you told me booking the test could take weeks and now you're telling me it's in three days. How did that happen?!" I ask.

He shrugs.

"I told you I wanted a time as early as possible," I said.

"I just give you what they give me," he replies.

My logic in wanting something as early as possible was two-fold. The first test is at 7 and if I do it then I can still get to work at a reasonable hour. Second of all, the traffic will be far less then and so there is less potential for pitfall.

The second lesson went well and simply reinforced my confidence. We drove around for 40 minutes and you can really go to many different places in that time if you are going to nowhere in particular.

One major plus about the way they do the test here is that there is no parking involved of any sort, especially not reverse (Americans call parallel) parking, which would be my Achilles Heel.

So all I have to do is drive around the block a couple times; indicating when I should, changing lanes nicely and not going over the speed limit. Sounds like a piece of cake, doesn't it - so how come I'm already nervous?

Costs:
2 x 40 minute lesson: 200
1 x eyetest : 15
Total: NIS 215

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont even know what to say ....

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

you'll do fine. stop worrying so much

J.

2:13 PM  
Blogger anonym00kie said...

i agree.. chilllllll....it's gonna be fine...

2:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

you don't have to parallel park!
it'll be a piece of cake :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

JC - Thanks :)

Anoym00kie - Hope so.

Sarah - I know but still get nervous for some reason.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>