Monday, February 05, 2007

Third Time Lucky

It was time to renew my Australian passport.

When I received it in November 1996 and saw that it lasted for 10 years, to me that was as good as forever. But eventually the 10 years came and went, so it was time to get a new one.

Renewing meant printing off the forms, filling them in and sending them off to Tel Aviv. The Embassy in Tel Aviv doesn't accept appointments.

So sent it off and a few days later received a phone-call.

There is a problem with your passport photos. You're mouth is open and you're smiling.

Security reasons was the reason I was told why.

So I send off some more photos taking care to keep my mouth closed.

Another phone call a few days later.

There is a problem with your passport photos. The distance between your head and chin is 29mm and it should be between 32 and 36. Please resend.

Took further photos and this time checked the size of the photos after.

Got the passport back and suffice to say, the photo doesn't do me much justice at all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't do you justice???
That's an understatement if i ever heard one!!!
You look like an axe murderer!! We like you lots more in person!!!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Blubbalicious said...

can you post a copy of the pics? i am a very visual person... plus it sounds good for a laugh

4:32 PM  
Blogger IsraLuv said...

hear hear .... why isnt the picture alson online mr. ax murderer?

8:26 AM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Mrs & Mini Col.Il - Thanks :)

Marissa/Israluv - I'm afraid not. I think you would cringe more than laugh.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Wisey said...

Why do you communicate through the blog comments?
Can't you talk to each other face to face??

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>