Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Peer-Less

So in the end she went down and possibly should have even won the match but she played out of her skin and can be extremely proud of that.

Serena Williams is no pushover and has won more majors (seven) than any other active female player.

So obviously she had a huge edge in experience over Peer and it ultimately was the difference between teh two. But for Peer to get as close as she did means she is not that far away. If she continues as she has been doing, she should be Top 10 by the end of the year.

She can take more from this loss than she could from any win and that could hold her in good stead for the rest of her career. Now she is off to Tokyo for a pretty big tournament. Will be interesting to see how she regroups from this loss.

PS: Oscar nominations come out later today. Expect Little Miss Sunshine and the Departed to do quite well. As for the acting categories, it has been such a weak year that don't be surprised if Rob Schneider and Pamela Anderson twins get nominated. It may not be that easy to tell the difference between the Oscars and the Razzies.

PPS: Originally I wrote the Olsen twins and then replaced it with Pamela Anderson without deleting the word twins. But think it's fine the way it worked out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Lydia Sizer and I am working on a thesis through Brown University in the United States looking at blogs. I am looking at how blogs affect mutual understanding among people of different ethnic backgrounds and I was wondering if you would be willing to take a survey I have prepared for my research. This research would give you a voice in determining whether blogs would be useful in aiding global security and counteracting racism. If you are interested, don't hesitate to email me at Lydia_Sizer@brown.edu. Thank you so much for your time. For convenience, please enter "thesis survey" as the subject of your email as I will not know who is writing to me. Thanks again! In addition, you will receive an email later from lscello@aol.com. This is because my school email is routed through my home email. Thanks!

--Lydia Sizer

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D - YOUR BLOGS BEEN HIJACKED !!!! QUICK, RUN FOR COVER !!!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>