Monday, January 15, 2007

Lucky Number Six

Busy time in TV/Movie land with many series such as 24 and American Idol returning while other shows such as Lost, Guy Penis and Grey's Anatomy come back from their winter hiatus. Also Golden Globes are tonight and Oscar nominations are announced next week. So it's all happening.

As I mentioned yesterday, I saw The Departed over the weekend and for those of you who haven't seen it I would highly recommend it. It is actually a direct rip-off of a Japanese movie involving the Japanese police and the triads which I would love to see, to see how it compares although I'm sure that the Japanese version would be far superior.

I would think Martin Scorsese would have to be an absolute certainty to win the Oscar for Best Director - his first win in six tries. Not only would it be his third nomination in five years but if he didn't win he would join Clarence Brown as having the most ever Best Director nominations without ever having won.

8 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

I can attest that Infernal Affairs is a much better movie. But I have to say, I really enjoyed The Departed. It was the first movie I've seen with Leonardo that I didn't want to beat the shit out of him.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Harry - Maybe you felt sympathy for him as everyone else was beating ths shit out of him.

And what does it say for Matt Damon that he can play this sleazy role like he did in the Talented Mr Ripley?

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My only concern is of Borat will even be CONSIDERED for a golden lady this year.

It would be goot.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Anon - High Five!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

24... no need for anything else.

9:09 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

Grey's Anatomy is starting again? Now THAT'S good news!

I won't be watching American Idol as the bastards at YES have axed Star World. Oh, well!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

IYWI - True.

RR - You could watch it on Channel 10 in four months. Alternately Im sure some of the well-known sites will allow you to watch it online.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

American Idol is being broadcast on channel 3 (30) a few days later.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>