Thursday, January 11, 2007

City of God

Went to the Kottel yesterday for the first time in some time and noticed two things.

The amount of beggars there has expanded exponentially. As you enter, you see a row of them lined up shaking their hands. While you're davening you are swamped by guys. It's impossible to know who is genuine and who is looking to buy a hamburger for lunch.

They renovated the bit on the left side of the male section and it looks incredible. Female readers may not know this but on the men's side you can keep walking inwards. They've cleaned it up and it looks amazing. Saw a plaque thanking Lily Safra for her contribution. Googled her and its quite a story. Check it out....

3 Comments:

Blogger Blubbalicious said...

Whilst she has undoubtedly done great things with her money, I can't help but feel a bit suspicious of a woman who had two extremely wealthy husbands that died under 'odd' circumstances at best, and left her with fortunes because of their untimely death. What do you think, Dot?

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, my name is Lydia Sizer and I am working on a thesis through Brown University in the United States looking at blogs. I am looking at how blogs affect mutual understanding among people of different ethnic backgrounds and I was wondering if you would be willing to take a survey I have prepared for my research. This research would give you a voice in determining whether blogs would be useful in aiding global security. If you are interested, don't hesitate to email me at Lydia_Sizer@brown.edu. Thank you so much for your time. For convenience, please enter "thesis survey" as the subject of your email as I will not know who is writing to me. Thanks again!

--Lydia Sizer

1:09 AM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Marissa - Very suspicious Marissa.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>