Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Supper Time

Made the famed Spinach Filo recipe which has been passed down like a family heirloom from generation to generation. Thought I would share it with you.


This is all the filling after it has been mixed together. You have 500g of spinach in there, grated yellow cheese, a sauteed onion and some beaten eggs.

Some of you may note the blue tape around the knife. That is to tell me the status of the utensil. We have blue tape for milchig, red for fleishig and green for pareve. Without the tape or color indicator I would have no idea what is what.


This is the filling in the dish on top of half of the filo pastry.

This is it taken out of the oven.


This is it after having taken a slice out of it. As you can see, it was delicious.

8 Comments:

Blogger IsraLuv said...

where was my invite for spinach filo?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Here. Come over tonight!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Blubbalicious said...

Looks really good. Wasn't aware you are so talented at culinary arts!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Wisey said...

By the image of melted cheese spilling out, I'd say you again went spacko on this front.
I hope it was worth it.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BAM ! Youre a cook !
Only you forgot to mention the top layer part. Good thing I'm perceptive.
Save me a piece ?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

looks delish.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've still got it!!!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Marissa - Nowhere near your league but I try

Wisey - Was worth it :)

Anon - Thanks.

Sarah - Was. For a short moment I felt like your blog. It's a good feeling. Hope you don't mind.

Savta Anne - Thanking you.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>