Thursday, November 23, 2006

You Tube Songs I Like Part I

Not sure if if you noticed but I stopped doing the One-Hit Wonders posts. The main reason was that the true definition of a One-Hit Wonder became a bit too blurry and complicated. The difference in definition of commercials versus artistic success was just too messy.

So I am starting a new series which is songs I like which I've found on You Tube. You Tube is an amazing jukebox - all you have to do is type in the song and more often than not it is going to appear and you can listen to them all day long.

What better way to start then a song which I used to know as the Bom-Bom-Chick-Chicker-Chicka song but which is actually known as Oh Yeah. It comes from a couple of whackjob Germans in a band called Yello.



You know it better as the song from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and you can't lay claim to being a child of the 80's unless you recognise and love this song. The video clip is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen.

Oh and by the way the real lyrics to the song are:

Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah
The moon... beautiful
The sun... even more beautiful
Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah

Beautiful
Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah...

Good time


Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song!

3:11 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Oh yeah! I AM a child of the 80's! Glad you put up that clip, what fun to hear that song again!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Rafi G. said...

who would have thought that was a real song with its own music video! Man, I am watching ferris beuller in my head right now!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger BagelUndertheCouch said...

GAAAAAAAAAAH, i had to read this over and over to finally get what you were talking about with "bom-bom-chick-chicker-chicka" hahahaha. love that song, ooooh yeaaaah.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Gilly said...

Beuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulerrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

2:54 AM  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I remember that.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>